Tuesday, February 22, 2011

heavenly children?

My little david is the prayer reminder.  every nite when we sit down to eat david announces "we need to pray!"  good boy.  "yup, we do.  Go ahead and pray, buddy."   he says his prayer; sometimes he will say it's my turn, so i pray also, and then we will eat.  Awe, what a good little 3 yr. old to always remember to pray before we eat--he does this at breakfast and lunch as well.  Church and Cubbies are having a good affect. 
  So now Noah wants in on the action. 
  After david prays Noah shouts "pray!" 
  "yup, your turn!"
  "(jibber jabber) Amen!" 
   isn't that so sweet that these two very young boys want to pray to God before their meals?....  
   david: "my turn again!"
   me: "ok..."
   david: (recites same prayer) "Amen!"
   noah: "turn!"
   me: "umm..."
   noah: "(blada blah) Amen!"
   david: "my turn!"
   me: "Wait!"  the jig's up.  i've caught on.  the more we pray, the more time we delay actually eating our dinner...  oh what angelic children....
   me: "it's time to eat now."
   noah: "turn?"
   me:  "no.  Eat!"  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment