Thursday, February 24, 2011

ugh... phones

   my phone died today.  Died.  Not the battery.  The phone.  Dead.  Won't show the slightest blink.  Screen black.  Dead.  I have never had that happen before.  Very strange.
   This prompts me to borrow phone from my father-in-law who, conveniently, now lives right across the street.  My husband starts to worry that I am dead if I do not answer my phone for an extended length of time, so I had to call and let him know the dealio. 
   Dad-in-law tells me to go ahead and take the phone for a while.  This small occurence of a dead phone spurs a 2 hour conversation (actually 2 conversations--i had to call back 2 hrs later) with verizon.  Just what i want to do--spend hours on the phone negotiating the best possible deal for both my husband and i to receive new phones.  I can't complain about their service, both reps that i talked to were very nice, but it all just took forever!  and they had to go between myself and the supervisors to get certain overrides and exceptions, so i could get the online price, and the upgrade price for dave's phone, and trade my upgrade with his. 
   It was exhausting!  and frustrating to do this while dave is at work, so i need to guess if "will he still want this phone at this price?"  "would he settle for the cheaper phone?" 
    There better not be any problems with either one of these phones--i do not want to call verizon again except to pay my bill.  even though their cust serv was very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment