Thursday, May 19, 2011

shattered

   tall glass drying on the counter.  dog needs to investigate.  i am in the bathroom about to dry my hair and i hear that glass shatter like it's a full set.  run to the kitchen, dog running away with his tail between his legs.  david, sitting at the opposite counter eating his lunch, pipes up, "sam did it!"  i know.  then noah, "sim di it!"  gotcha.  noah, "wha he doooo?"  me, "he broke the glass."

   so needless to say, dog is terrified for his life--with good reason--and is promptly locked in his crate to spend however much time it takes for me to get un-mad in the dark.

   my kitchen floor is covered in glass of all shapes and sizes; from the piece that served as the bottom 1/4 of the glass, to a glistening powder settled in the grout.  i go about picking up the bigger pieces, while coating the bottom of my feet in said powder.

   two full sweeps of the entire floor and a run of the vacuum to take care of the cracks and crevices, the floor is glass-free (well, hopefully, but i'm sure there is still some), and the dog is parked in his crate in the corner of my bedroom....  for the rest of eternity.....

No comments:

Post a Comment