Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween Party

Yesterday was David's school Halloween Party.  All of the kids were dressed up, including Noah, and they paraded around the parking lot and church "Trick or Treating."  I asked Noah if he wanted to walk with David and he said yes, so I went to see where my 'candy station' was (i was handing out candy).  I realized that i should ask Noah if he needed to go potty first before the 'parade'  started, so he wouldn't have an issue during it.  I walk down the hall towards David's class, and I see Noah standing at the front door, facing outside, bawling his little eyes out.  "Mommy!  Mommy!"   So sad.  Poor little thing.  Needless to say, Noah passed out candy with me.
Afterwards we went back to David's class, and the kids got to decorate a picture of a pumpkin and decorate (real) cookies.  Btw, hilarious watching this little (not so little...) girl smear some frosting on her cookie, then scoop up all the rest and eat with her spreader (popsicle stick).  And taking it one step further, scraping all of the frosting off her cookie and eating that too.  The kids were not allowed to eat the cookies yet, so her naked cookie made me laugh.  Just couldn't help herself.
David and Noah both made cookies.  David played games with his class, while Noah played with toys with a couple other siblings.  They had a lot of fun, got a bunch of candy, and didn't ruin their costumes.  Best of all--David did NOT tell me that he wanted me to stay home next time.  Success.

1 comment:

  1. lol, glad you stayed out of his way enough for him to tolerate your presents :) jk

    ReplyDelete