Saturday, October 15, 2011

kid music

Opened my kitchen cupboard where ALL of my c.d.'s were stored--yes, in the kitchen cupboard, cuz the under-mount c.d. player is right there--and asked myself, "why am I keeping all of these?!"  The c.d. and case purge began.  I probably only threw away 10 - 15 c.d.'s, but all of the cases have met the garbage can (garbage bag full! ho-ly crap.).

While I am sorting through all of this great, long forgotten music (Agh!!  I love this one!), what are we listening to?  "BABY'S FIRST SING-A-LONG"  Are you kidding me?  I'm looking at Aerosmith, Muse, and Nirvana, and we are listening to an Australian guy singing "This old man, he had one, he played knick-knack on my thumb..."  All questions of this "old man's" relation to and reason why he is playing "knick-knack" (what is "knick-knack" anyway?) on any part of this child aside...  really, this is what I am listening to?

I LOVE music, and am a tad bit opinionated and picky about it.  I despise Country and Techno, R&B and 99% of Rap---but "Kid's First Sing-a-Long" made the cut.  Oh, what motherhood does to you....  

No comments:

Post a Comment