Thursday, November 3, 2011

nonsense

Conversation with Ava on our way back to her house from basketball practice:

me: see that road right there?  i live down there.
ava:  how can you live down there?  there's no houses!  
me:  yes there are.  the entire road is full of houses.
ava:  no there's not!  it's only stores!
me:  there are no stores--only houses.
ava:  like a hundred houses?  
me:  more than that
ava:  like 200 houses?
me:  like 4 or 5 hundred houses
       (im counting the branching subs as well)
ava:  my mom and dad use to live down that road
       (5 seconds ago there werent even houses down there--now her parents lived there)
me:  no they didn't
ava:  yeah, huh!
me:  i dont think they did
ava:  yeah they really did!
me:  no.  they didn't.
ava:  where did they live then?
me:  i know they lived in New York
ava:  they did?
me:  yeah
ava:  why did they live in new york?
me: they were stationed there when they were in the army.
ava:  what's stationed?
      (oh, geez)
me:  that's where the army told them to live.  
Ava:  i'm gonna kick the back of your chair till we get home
me:  please dont
ava:  i'm gonna!
    (kick,kick,kick...)
me:  ava, stop.
    (driving past all fast food places now)
ava:  i am sooooo thirsty!
me: we're going home.  you can get a drink there
ava:   but i need one nooooow.
me:  you'll get one at home
ava:  is this the way to my house?
me:  yes
ava:  are you sure?  
me:  yes.  i have been there.
ava:  yeah, from your house.  not from the athletic center.
me:  i take the same way.
ava:  i feel like we're lost.
me:  we're not lost
ava:  i think we are.
me:  yup, we are lost in the woods.  im gonna drop you off on the side of the road and you can find your way back home.
ava:  (lots of laughing)  noooo!!
me:  we'll be there soon

2 comments:

  1. "yup, we are lost in the woods. im gonna drop you off on the side of the road and you can find your way back home."

    are you supposed to say that to kids you babysit? lol that made me laugh...that and her kicking the back of your chair...because i know you were loving that.

    so she plays basketball at genesys? i want a membership there!!!

    ReplyDelete