Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Party

David's school party went great.  Both boys had a ton of fun.  David did GREAT with Noah.  He stuck by him 98% of the time.  It was very cute.  David always pulled Noah right next to him while they were sitting on the floor and at the tables and on their walk.  It was so sweet--David was in top form today :)  Such a good big brother.

A few issues did surface that didn't even cross my one-track mind.  That track was: make sure David has everything he needs for the party (valentines, fruit snacks, etc.).  It wasn't until all of the kids had their valentine boxes and were getting ready to hand out the valentines that it hit me--Noah doesn't have a box, and he's not going to get any valentines.  Oh--he realized immediately.  It was so sad!  "Where my box?"  "I don't have a box!"  I suggested sharing a box with David, but that just wasn't going to cut it.

I was horrified that my little baby was going to be left out.  I hurriedly scribbled a valentine and taped on a fruit snack (i had brought extra just in case i had forgotten anyone--turns out I did.  My own child.).  Then i began searching for any random box that i could quickly decorate.  David's teacher Ms. Joy was on top of it immediately.  A small box appeared out of thin air.  She placed it in my hands with tape and scissors and pointed out to the hall where all of the remaining coveted, red paper was stored.  We quickly covered his box with red paper, wrote his name on it, and threw on a few stickers.  He was thrilled.

I stuffed his valentine from David (the one I had made moments before) into his box, and sent him back to his seat next to David.  Apparently some other parent's had the same idea to bring extras, because Noah's little box was pretty full by the end.  :)  Thank you, everyone!!!  And thank you, Ms. Joy.  You are awesome!

All of the crises were averted, and, as I said--both boys had a great time.  






yup, that little girl next to him is Kilee--his girlfriend.  :)










No comments:

Post a Comment