Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"in the side"

On our way home from preschool today, David told me that Landon pushed him down.  David, in turn, punched Landon "in the side" and told him "don't push me down again!"  Wow...  Never thought I would see the day when my sweet boy would punch someone.  

"Miss Brittany saw Landon push me.  He got in trouble."
"Did you get in trouble?"
"No, she didn't see me."
ok......

On the one hand....   Being "pushed down" has kinda been an issue for the past 6 months.  And it's been by 4 or 5 different kids.  I am glad that he stuck up for himself, but I'd rather he not hit anyone.  It's not exactly turning the other cheek...  Can't quite bring myself to tell my 4 yr. old to "just ignore them" if he's getting picked on; I do want him to stand up for himself.  

I did make sure to tell him to never start a fight or initiate any hitting/pushing/etc.  Also, I know that a little girl pushed him down once...  I made it very clear that he is NEVER allowed to hit a girl.  EVER.  by all means, tell her not to do that again, but do NOT hit her.  

On a lighter note....
Dave's sis and nieces came up today for a while.  It was fun visiting with them.  Glad they came.  

She (Desi) brought a birthday present for Noah.  The boys were stoked.  She gave him a bunch of "chuck and friends" cars and a garage/ramp thing that goes with it.  Obviously, they love it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment