Thursday, March 1, 2012

Seussified

I stressed about a costume.  Dave made sure to get him a "real" Seuss hat.  Leah supplied everything else--helping me a TON.  And then we get to school today all done up like the Cat and the Hat, and almost NO ONE else is dressed up!  One girl was in her pajamas.  A couple boy wore red shirts saying "Thing 1" and "Thing 2."  Another boy was Fox in Socks--he had a neck tie tied to his pants as a tail and wore bright blue socks with no shoes.  I think the Fox was a cute idea.  I was just a little disappointed that we were the only ones who "went all out" for it.  

Apparently we could've just sent him in a hat and he would've fit right in.  HOWEVER, David loved it--so that's all that matters.  He did not care that he was the "only one" in a full costume.  He loves to be in costume and thought it was great.  "They called me 'Cat,'" he said with a big smile.  So, I'm glad that we made sure that he was fully Seussified  :)  Even if one of the boys had the utter NERVE to ask him where his tail was (David didn't have a tail) when he, himself did not have a single bit of costume on.  No costume--no opinion!


Slapped some ears on Noah, so he wouldn't feel left out.


Noah was in top form today.  He cried when we left David's school.  Begged to go to the playground and Safari playground.  I called Leah and invited us to her house just so he didn't have to sit at home.  Noah said "i don' wanna go aunt 'Eah's.  go somewhere fun!"  After a couple rounds of that chant I told him, "Leah's or home--those are your options."  "Go Aunt 'Eah's."  That's what i thought.  He wasn't too bad while we were there, but when I told him to give aunt Leah a hug good bye...  he started bawling and yelling "no!"  jerk.  I made him.  

Noah's a meanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment