Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend with Elee

We got to watch Elee this past Saturday through Sunday while Leah was at the hospital having baby Kylee!  (more about little Kylee when I actually get some pictures--or steal them off of other people FB pages...)  Elee was practically perfect the entire time.  She listened well, was very sweet, didn't throw fits, played nicely, slept well--she was lovely.  I was very happy that everything went so well.  I was very worried that she would think that she was being taken from her parents again and was going to be bounced around for another 2 yrs.  We made sure to tell her that she was going home very soon, and mommy has to be in the hospital because she had a baby.

dinner
She did definitely miss Mommy and Daddy and mentioned them often, but she handled everything sooo well.  I took her up to the hospital on Saturday afternoon.  I wanted to be able to visually reassure her that her tragic little life was not repeating itself.  She was very happy to see them, and I think it did help.  And of course she got a cookie out of the deal thanks to Grandpa.  :)  They're so sweet with her.

I took her and the boys to the park that morning.  They had tons of fun, but of course there is always that one little b@st@rd child that you just want to push the eject button on.  He was probably 8-ish.  He thought he was the boss of the playground.  yelling mean, nasty things to all the other kids and trying to order everyone around.  he upset all 3 of my kids (yes--includes Elee.).  He made Noah cry by cutting in front of him, which separated him from David.  I walked over to see why he was crying and this kid starts YELLING at me defending what he did, lying about it all.  I looked at him dead stare and said, "do NOT yell at me."  He got the funniest look on his face like he didn't know what to do and kept moving.

Elee was standing at the bottom of a fireman's pole trying to jump-climb it.  Here comes Boss Man to the top.  Looks down at her and starts yelling, "hey kid!  move before I crush you!"  Of course I was off of my bench in a second....   "Do NOT talk to my kids that way!"  "I wasn't--I said that to that kid!"  "I saw the whole thing.  You said it to her.  Don't do it again."  (eject button!  eject button!  eject button!)

listening to the train.  ok, she was kinda naughty here--could not keep her hand off of the door handle.
Not long afterward Elee decided she had had enough.  I think he had said something to her again.  Well, she took matters into her own hands this time.  She gave him a good shove.  he started yelling again (that's obviously all that child ever does) and backing up, and Elee shoved him again.  More yelling.  Elee starts trying to kick him...  Oh, how I wanted to laugh and laugh and laugh!  But I did do the responsible thing and run and grab her.  I told her it is not ok to push or kick anyone, but she didn't actually get in trouble.  Now, in his defense--he did not once try to push or hit her back.  So he does get points for that.  Glad he knows enough not to hit a 3 yr old--cuz i'm not sure I would know enough in that situation not to hit an 8 yr old...  just kidding.  sort of.

Should've taken more pics, but I forgot my camera (and forgot photography even existed.  I was busy.)

yes, we dress her in some of David's clothes for pj's, cuz all of her's were too warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment