Thursday, April 19, 2012

pie

Oh!  I actually made a pie today!  The whole thing from scratch!  And it was good!

I made a chicken pot pie.  AND I made the crust.  Rolling pie crust is not my gift.  I rolled it the best i could...  But it tore a lot and was misshapen and stuck to the counter.  Ugh.  I draped it in the pie plat the best i could and did a lot of pressing, repairing, and stretching.  It was not pretty.  But I filled her up anyway, and went through the whole process again with the top crust.  I could not do as much pressing and prodding, but i did a lot of repairing.  Funny thing is that it wasn't even that obvious that the crust was such a disaster.  The edges were not too pretty, but it looked just fine.

And it tasted even better.  It was good!  Really good.  Great recipe.  So, while I am not about to open a bakery because I suddenly realized that I had missed my calling, it was acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment