Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slumber Party

I promised the boys that we would have a slumber party when Dave went out of town.  Well, he left for L.A. yesterday, so last night was the night!  I planned this for a night when David would not have school in the morning.  I knew that none of us would sleep very well.

We had lots of fun during the "awake" time.  I got nachos from Taco Bell for all of us, and chose Backyardigans to watch.  With it being after Wed night church, I did not want them to stay up for an entire movie.  I decided on 2 episodes.  

Eating Taco Bell chips 'n cheese in my bed
They were so sweet.  You could tell that they loved every minute of it.  Whenever I did something for them, like bring them water or pull up the blanket, they would say "Thank you, Mommy" so sweetly!  it was adorable.  

watching Backyardigans
I tucked them in and turned off the light at about 10pm, 2 hours past their regular bedtime.  I straightened the living room and a few other things, and I could hear them giggling and talking for almost an hour.  Apparently they didn't take my threats very seriously.  

When I finally came to bed, it became an episode of The Waltons.  "Good night!"  "Good night!"  "I love you, David!"  "I love you, Guys!"  "I love you, Noah!"  "I love you, Mommy!"  "love you!"  "Night!" 

And then...  we all fell asleep.  mostly.  Turns out that David mumbles in his sleep.  I was aware of this but did not know of its frequency--often.  He also GIGGLES in his sleep.  giggles.  It's cute and funny now, but in the middle of the night I thought he was awake and just being naughty.  At some point he flipped sideways so fast I didn't realize what was happening until his head was on my stomach.  David: "Ugh, Noah!  move over!"  me: "David, you are laying sideways and kicking your brother."  I straightened him back out.  A while later Noah did the exact same thing!  Straightened him out...  At some point, Noah let out a crying yell.  Just one.  I remember tucking the blankets around them multiple times because they have a tendency to slide down.  Not a very restful night, but the boys had fun.  

6:45 am...  Noah: "it morning time!  It sunny out!"
uuuggghhhh......



gave them trays to catch most (ahem) of the crumbs


The puppies were good too.  They shared a bone when
they were not growling at each other.

my Noah  :)

David insisted that we all hold hands.  Noah grudgingly went along with it.

David and I

My sweet, sweet boy hugging my hand :)

Noah and "puppy"

No comments:

Post a Comment