Thursday, April 19, 2012

swim class

I watched Ava tonight during her swim class--well, once she actually got to her class.  Somehow everything got really messed up.  her class had a substitute, which we were unaware of.  I was told that when The teacher got there that she would get Ava.  Nope didn't happen.  Finally after 15 min of no class and no teacher, I asked someone in the office who did not know much about the situation either.  Then I asked a teacher who was IN the pool with a bunch of 2 yr olds.  She pointed out Ava's teacher for me.  Ava's substitute teacher was already in the pool, teaching the class.  That was frustrating.   The lady I had talked to who was teaching the 2 yr olds came up to me at the end and apologized profusely for the mix up.  Poor thing--like it was her fault.

(bottom right was our's)
After lessons i drove Ava home.  All of the doors were locked to her house.  It was cold outside, and Ava had wet hair.  It was almost 8pm by this time, and she had not eaten dinner yet.  I had stopped at Taco Bell for her on the way and had let her have her drink and the least messy food item while we drove.  I knew she had to be starving.  I opened up the front passenger door for her and laid out the rest of her food on her lap on top of the wrappers.  Eat, famished child.  Luckily the toy that she got with her meal was actually a cardboard "robot" that needs to be built.  We spent the rest of the time building a robot.  It made the time go much faster.  Her mom was also running late, so we sat there for 25 minutes.  Oh well, she was enjoyable company tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment