Wednesday, June 13, 2012

snakes

We have a family of garter snakes living under our deck.  Dave informed me of it because I had not seen them yet.  Since he told me, I see them all the time in the flower gardens that surround the deck.  They don't bug me.  I think they are kind of cool.  Dave is kind of terrified of them.  Hates them.  He keeps talking about chopping them in half with shovels.  ugh.  Big baby.

I told David he could try to catch one if he wants.  He has made a few half-hearted efforts.  Then he said to me, "you do it."
"uhhhh...  no."
I don't mind them, they are not hurting anything, but I just cannot bring myself to touch them.  That part I am terrified of.  Watching is fine; touching...  whole other story.  Can not do it.  But go ahead, David.  You can do it.

I Wikipedia-ed them.  I was under the impression that they did not have teeth--and that is what I have been telling Dave and David.  Yup, guess I was wrong.  Garter Snake says a bite is not dangerous, but may cause itching/swelling/burning.  That's nice.  But according to Eco Kids they do not have fangs or poison, and they will most likely try to bite you when you pick them up.

Mom of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment