Thursday, November 29, 2012

Well, my sinus infection/bronchitis/cold (and every other ailment that I self diagnosed) has been confirmed to be bronchitis.  So I did have one good guess in there.  In my defense, I was told that your immune system can just fight off bronchitis.  Not so much.

It was bad enough that they took a couple x-rays to rule out pneumonia.  The Dr. listened to my lungs and said "eww."  Not joking.  It was really funny though.

So, I am on antibiotics and a hard-core cough medicine.  I read up on the cough med, and it sort of freaked me out because it is an opiate.  I tried not taking it today, but I gave in as the coughing intensified.  I'm always worried I am going to become dependent on stuff like that.  It has never happened, but drugs scare me.  I am a baby.

I  am worried that Noah's cold will develop into bronchitis as well, since mine started off as a cold as well.  And David has developed an occasional cough as well.  Please pray that both kids' ailments will pass through their systems as the common cold.

Dave has finished all of his medication for his pneumonia, but he is still exhausted and coughing.  His boss told him (i believe he has had it before) that the symptoms can last MONTHS, and you really have to take care of yourself so that you do not relapse.  It's not really in Dave's nature to take care of himself.  He is more of the "run-yourself-into-the-ground-till-you-collapse type."

Please pray for the health of our household!  Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment