Monday, January 21, 2013

Triggers

I've had a lot of "triggers" lately. I'm not sure if I am just overly emotional the past few months or what the deal is.

1. Headboard at the wall nearest the road= hysterical crying
2. possible Dental fatalities=hysterical crying
2. Conversations about the possibility of having a waterbed again=hysterical crying+weapy call to Leah
3. Movies about accidents & amnesia= constant flow of tears

It's been 4 years. So, why is it still too soon? Maybe God is still trying to teach me to trust Him. Reminding me that it all could have been so much worse, and I need to be praising and thanking Him instead of getting worked up about something I can't remember.

Logical me knows that my headboard being at the roadside wall does not increase the chances of a car driving through my bedroom. Neither does owning a waterbed. But thank goodness that only lasted for one night and I have a real bed again while the offensive furnishing is wadded up in the corner awaiting a placement on Craigslist.

I haven't lost any teeth yet. And if I do? Well, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

This movie that tugged on my emotions? The Vow. How self centered is that? My situation was nothing like that. I did not forget a whole chunk of my life along with the people in it. I forgot a couple days. That happens to irresponsible college kids almost every weekend.

Like I said, these triggers should remind me to to praise and thank God that that situation was orchestrated perfectly. It could have been worse in so many ways. PRAISE GOD that it wasn't! PRAISE GOD for protecting my family! And PRAISE GOD for shielding me from the awful memories of terror and pain that they would inevitably cause. PRAISE GOD! Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment