Sunday, November 30, 2014

In forever

It's been forever since a post. Even longer since I was consistent about it.  Oh wait, that may be never.  

So, the boys have started a new school this year; and I love, love, looooove it.  And they loooove it also.  It's a small, Christian school so it costs a pretty penny (or thousands of dollars), but it is completely worth it, and we are so thankful for it. David is in second grade now, and Noah is in Kindergarten.  They are both doing great.  

I help in the lunch room on Tuesdays.  No hair nets required--but they should be.  I know it was my hair that ended up in that freshman's pizza sub.  I just know it.  My hair has been in a bun ever since.  My goodness, can you imagine....  Anyway, hair up, apron on, change gloves frequently, joke with high-schoolers who are very polite yet unimpressed with me. They obviously have no sense of humor.  

I really like all of the other moms who I work with there and have become pretty good friends with them.  One mom friend in particular I am fairly close with, and we have been trading babysitting, so we can go out on cheap(er) date nights with our husbands.  It's a lovely trade. 

We've just passed Thanksgiving and are preparing for Christmas. We've decorated some and bought some gifts. My friend from the previous paragraph--yeah, up there ^--I bought her kitchen aid mixer from her for my Christmas gift from Dave. We may not be fancy around here, but we don't have to ask each other for the receipt when we open our gifts.  

Dave requested sweat pants for Christmas. (Refer to the previous statement regarding "fancy.")  I'll try to find something else besides such exquisite attire for him.  Maybe socks. Kidding. I'll figure something out. 

I've been a cheapskate shopper this year. I bought Disney Infinity off of an online resale site.  Ridiculously good deal. And I bought a bunch of books and easy readers for the boys from the used bookstore.  I'm seeing a trend....  I guess I like people's cast offs.   Oh well, I only get the stuff in good condition. And don't worry, I bought some brand new merch from Amazon.  

The big question is, which is the same every year, what do we get the parents and grandparents?  For real, they have everything they want.  And if they don't have it, they buy it.  

We also switched churches a few months back.  We now go to the church that runs the school that the boys attend. It was a very tough decision, but we feel it was best.  No details, but we really do like where we are attending. 

Brody has not peed on anyone in a while.  Sam's favorite pass time is still growling.  So, same ol' same ol' with those two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment