Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"annoying" and what i plan to do about it

So...  I am referring to myself in this one.  well, more like dave is referring to me.  twice in the past couple weeks I have been told that I need to leave and go do something cuz I'm in a weird mood and basically just annoying him.  Apparently, he likes the quiet, agreeable me instead of the goofy "i'm boooored!!!" me who spends her time pestering the "shhh! i'm trying to watch this" husband.

my conclusion--i need to adopt a rockin night life.  i'll go hang out with my friends 3 or 4 nights a week and stay out till 2 am, like I did when i was 18-19.  Inevitably, my new "less-annoying-cuz-i'm-gone" life style will backfire on him after the first week.  he will then complain that i am gone too much.

There are a few hitches to my sweet new plan:
1.  i don't drink.  never have.  and now i'm really not allowed to--doctor's orders (comes with a closed head injury).  And the only places that are open past 9pm are bars and clubs.  I dont bar or club.  so, it would basically be sitting in a 24 hr diner (^^^) for like 3 hrs.  maybe i shouldnt say "i dont bar," but i would be the girl drinking water at the bar.  the always reliable D.D.
2.  most of my friends that live in my general vicinity are moms as well.  so, we could probably "live it up" at a diner (ahem) about once a month.  (cuz let's face it--we're tired the rest of the month)
3.  i would die after 1 week of this happenin' new life.  my kids are up by 7:30 every morning.  3 mornings/ week I get up at 7 to shower and get the kids ready to take david to preschool.  i would be a truly awful parent and human being, snarling at anyone who dared speak to me or near me.

dave laughed when he heard my plan.  "go for it, hon."  His scoffing doubt does nothing but fuel the fire!  oh, i'll show him!  oh, i will!  i will grab my pregnant sister and we will partner in this endeavor.  Applebees, here we come!  dave will rue the day he referred to me as "annoying" and not so subtly suggested that i 'GO SOMEWHERE' or 'PLAY ON THE COMPUTER.'

we shall see, sir.  we shall see.  starting...  tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. i won't be answering the phone if you call. i am old and pregnant. i don't do 2 am anymore :)

    ben has friday off though if you wanna go out friday night i might be able to handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think Friday is doable :) thanks, old preg lady!

    ReplyDelete