Tuesday, October 18, 2011

cleaning

I will be the first one to say that this is weird, but regardless...

Was babysitting little miss Ava tonight.  And since Dave is out of town on work, I had to take the boys with me. They kinda make everything more difficult, but they all enjoyed playing outside together--so that helped me out. Ok, back up--- I feel some background is needed....

I have pretty much been going since I woke up this morning.  Ran to the medical supply store at the hospital, dropped supplies off at Father-in-law's, ran to MOMs group, ran home, fed kids lunch, put them in bed for a nap, sat for a minute.  Father-in-law comes over and tells me that the "supplies" are not working (bummer!!  poor dad!) and asks me to go back and try to find something else while he stays with the kids while they're sleeping (he should be in bed b.t.w.--just so we're clear).  No problem.  Hop in the car, drive back up to hospital (5 min tops), talk to a different lady this time, and she suggests a different approach--supplies are free of charge (you. are. awesome!).  Bring new supplies home, tell Dad-in-law i will look around for some stuff I know I have in storage that may help as well, dig through all of the giant totes in the back garage-- 7 totes later i find what i am looking for.  Run the goods across the street to dad.  sit for a minute, and call leah (cuz that's what i do during free time).  Kids wake up, give them baths, get them dressed, run out the door to babysit little Ava (6 yr old).

And then...  it becomes a little weird.  I'm assuming it is because i have been running all day--you know, "body in motion, stays in motion."  I began cleaning...  This is not my house, and i am cleaning like i'm hosting a dinner party the next day.  We were outside, I notice that the sand box is growing pokey weeds, so i rip them all out.  Then as I'm walking to the door to start dinner, i notice that the dog has left gifts all over the yard.  I don't want Ava or my kids to step in anything, so...  I found the pooper scooper and cleaned the entire yard.  oh, i didn't stop there.  I cleaned the bathroom sink and mirror, swept the floor of almost the entire 1st level, cleaned the microwave, and cleaned yet another bathroom sink and mirror upstairs.  It was ridiculous.  Yes, the kids were fed, yes I played with them--they were well, taken care of.  Maybe, i embarked on this crazy cleaning spree cuz I felt like I would fall asleep if i sat for too long.  Maybe.  Either way, kids were fine, and their house is a little cleaner now.

Kinda worried the homeowners may be offended that I was cleaning everything...  I hope they don't take it as tho I think their home is a hole that needs to be disinfected if my little darlings are going to be there-- cuz that was not the case.  I just couldn't stop!!  Not sure why I don't feel the need to go on a cleaning spree in my own house tho....

No comments:

Post a Comment