Wednesday, October 19, 2011

doggy bath

post-bath----once I finally got him to calm down.
Left for about an hour and a half earlier today.  When i returned home, i let Sam out of his crate, and he smells awful.  I chalked it up to "dog sweat."  if a dog stays in a crate for too long they start to smell...  well, i while later I walk back into my bedroom (location of dog crate), and my room smells AWFUL.  Check his crate.....  Puddle o' piss.  He has not done this since he was still being house broken!  What the?!  And obviously he had been laying in it, and obviously--he's been laying all over my house.  I cleaned up his crate a bit, and stuck him back in.  I had to be at Ava's house in 1/2 hr., and i needed to get the kids ready.

And so, after we got back home, and I put the kids in bed...   It was time to bathe the offending varmint.  big surprise that Sam does not just hop in the tub, happy as can be.  nope i have to lift the 80 lb. beast into the tub.  he stands there terrified with his tail between his legs while I soap him up.  When he is fully soaped---He makes his getaway.  He leaps out of the tub (bathroom door is shut, so at least he cant go too far).  On his way he knocks the shower wand out of my hand, so it lands at the perfect angle to spray the entire bathroom and me, and proceeds to shake the soap off everywhere.  I then get to wrestle the soapy, wet 80 pounder back into the tub.

He did well the rest of the bath--shook a couple times, but it's better than a 2nd mad dash.  What's really funny to me is that he is just so darn happy afterwards.  He runs around like a brand new puppy, tail just a waggin.

The dog is clean now.  It only took flooding the bathroom, 4 towels, and soaking me to get him that way.  The upside to this--I don't have to wash my hair tomorrow morning because I had to take a shower myself when I was finished with the dog.

2 comments:

  1. moved the smelly crate into the theater room last night, cuz it still smelled... scrubbed it this morning with soap and water. it still smells! i don't know what to do!! i'm hoping it's just the room that smells, so i'm airing it out and lit candles--but i'm having my doubts.

    ReplyDelete