Saturday, October 1, 2011

not an early bird


My hats off to all of you who wake up at the butt crack of dawn to go to work, take care of kids, etc.
Woke up at 5:30 am the past two mornings to babysit a lovely little 6 yr old girl.  First morning was just fine and I was happy, yawned a lot, but in a good mood.  2nd morning was a little tougher.  not in a bad mood, but not very jolly either.  we still played games and had fun, but i really needed a fatty cup of coffee.

So, though I considered myself an early riser because I am up by 8 am, apparently there is a whole other world of "earlier risers."  Drove past a Big Boy on my way to her house, and I noticed that there were quite a few full tables--QUITE a few.  Tables filled with happy, laughing, talking, showered, fully-dressed, and ready-for-the-day people--who were there by choice, on a Saturday morning.  Yes, they were of the elderly variety who used to milk cows every day, but I'm assuming they must've been up since 5 and were happy about it.  (5 am = devil's hour)

So, once again--early risers, I salute you.  Cuz I am just not cut out for that degree of "early."

No comments:

Post a Comment