Tuesday, February 21, 2012

broken hearted :(

Well, my previous post should have been done about a week ago.  Altogether David and Kilee had been boyfriend and girlfriend for about 2 weeks.  But, alas--it was not to be.  Their promising romance has ended today.  I was talking to David about her and he got kind of upset.  "Ryan said he was her boyfriend now!"
"What did Kilee say?"
"She said that Ryan is her boyfriend now."

It was so sad.  I tried to console him.  He even asked me if I would tell Ryan "stop it."  :(  poor kid.  He's so brokenhearted.  He told me that Kilee is the prettiest girl in the whole world, and he only wants her to be his girlfriend.  My poor little baby.

I told him maybe he should talk to Daddy about it, and he agreed.  Daddy was slightly less sympathetic, but gave the stereotypical Dave answer of, "Dude, you can have any girl you want!  Ask another girl to be your girlfriend!"  and ended in "but you don't need a girlfriend right now anyway."  You know, something empowering.  I agree that he obviously does not need a "girlfriend" at the age of four, but apparently that is the class-wide game that is going on right now.

Before bed we got him to smile and giggle about other "pretty" girls in his class.  He got a little animated when Anna's name came up.  "Blue polka-dot dress with a flower."  He seemed pretty  excited about that prospect.  So, I think she or Reece has a good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment