Thursday, August 23, 2012

busy busy

The past few weeks has been so busy.  Birthday parties (of course David needs more than one), play dates, painting, babysitting, cleaning (yes, that counts cuz it takes TIME), church, school stuff, and more that I can't remember.  And it's not letting up any time soon.

Shopping List

  1. shop for school supplies  (thanks, Leah for giving me a head start!!!!)
  2. shop for school uniforms
  3. dress for Bobby's wedding (maybe)
  4. buy food for David's family birthday party
  5. paper plates, plastic ware


Schedule Reminder:
  1. Friday:  Castaway Cafe 11am
  2. Sat:  David's party 11am,  Noah's swim party 3-8pm
  3. Sunday:  Church:  graduation Sunday 9am, Right Hand of Fellowship 5pm
  4. Mon:  David's well checkup and physical 1:30pm
  5. Tues:  Play date w/ Isaiah 12pm
  6. Wed:  Kindergarten Orientation 12-2pm or 6-8pm
  7. Thurs:  Sara's birthday (unknown day and time for "girl's day")
  8. Sat:  Bobby and Jaennetta's wedding

I enrolled Noah in preschool yesterday for 2 days a week.  He is actually very excited, which I was happy to see.  The paper work was technically suppose to be in last Friday...  oops.  whatever, I've been busy  :)

Ava's dad's schedule is being switched, so no more 6:30am babysitting!  I may work longer in the evenings now.  Fine with me!  

We're finally officially joining our church; effective Sunday evening at 5pm.  I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about this.  According to the Bible you become a member of the Church when you are saved and baptized.  I'm not sure it says anything about needing to "become members" in the paper work sense.  Absolutely you should faithfully attend church, hear the preaching of the Word, and fellowship with other believers, but I don't think it needs to be actually written down in an earthly book.  My name is already in The Lamb's Book of Life.  I don't really need to be in your book.  All those who come to a church, agree with what is taught, and generally like the other people there will continue attending and grow close with the other believers.  If they don't they will leave.    

Now, is there anything necessarily wrong with "becoming members"?  I don't think so, but it may reinforce the world's idea that we are like a stuck up country club, and I hate to see that.  In this day and age there are probably good reasons for "membership" such as: nursery workers and teachers.  Those caring for children should definitely be "screened" shall we say.  I do not want just anyone teaching/caring for my kids.  

Hmm...  just thinking.  Regardless, we are becoming members, and I am happy about it.




1 comment:

  1. WOW, no wonder you haven't been on fb much! LOL That's cool you're joining your new church, and I totally agree with your thoughts of "joining" the church. I had a major pet peeve with Evangel when I returned because I couldn't do much of anything because I wasn't a member again. (Forget the fact that I had been attending there off an on longer than any of the pastors there.) Now that we're attending a new church, I've been able to become involved in their media and baptism ministry without having to "sign on the dotted line." Needless to say, their faith in me has made me put my faith in them, so we are going to be joining in a few weeks as well. :)

    ReplyDelete