Saturday, August 25, 2012

2 busy days down....

Numbers 4 & 5 can be crossed off of the first list,  1 &2 off of the second.

I'm so worn out...

Everything went very well.  I didn't clean as obsessively for this party as I normally do, so I that lifted some stress.  I also did not buy plates and forks and stuff.  We had some left over, and we used real forks and bowls.  All of the food was good.  The kids had fun.  My Grandpa and Aunt from Alaska fell asleep on the couch  :).  That's what's so great about family--no pressure.  You're exhausted?  Go right ahead and fall asleep.  I take no offense in the least.  Actually, it makes me smile that they are comfortable in my home.  Granted, Papa is narcoleptic so the odds of him falling asleep are pretty high; and Aunt Penny is trying to switch from Alaska time.  Regardless, please feel free to nap here any time!

Once again, it was nice not having the house as crowded as it had been in years past.  Not as overwhelming.  Having THAT many people all in my not-quite-2,000 sq ft-house at one time is pretty stressful.  It's hard to find places to sit.  And the people who know each other tend to clump together while the ones who don't know hardly anyone tend to be segregated.  With less people there is more mingling which is nice.  Yes, it is a little more work having 2 parties one week apart, but I think it was the best decision.

Noah's Swim Party was a lot of fun.  Everyone was very nice.  It was great getting to know some of the parents better--you know, people "our age."  The kids had a blast.
 


(The pics are of a few of the gifts David received today.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment