Monday, September 26, 2011

funny story

david (very excited--all smiles): "mom, can i tell you a funny story?"
me: "sure!"
david: "there was a new girl at school and she was afraid to sing the song..."
me (smiling, anticipating my sweet child giving me a recap of the heart-warming encouragement he bestowed upon the scared new girl): "uh huh"
david: "and i said 'hey, you're a fraidy cat!'"
my face instantly darkened.  black clouds rolled in over my head.  lightning sparked from my eyes.
his face changed from smiling glee to "oh crap!" fear in seconds.  let me just say--david is the SWEET child.  he hugs, he loves, he encourages--and apparently he makes little new girls feel like crap when they are scared to sing a song.
me: "you do not call people names!"
david: "im sorry..."
me: "when you're scared do you want someone to make fun of you?"
david: "no..."
me: "if someone is scared you tell them they do not need to be afraid and be nice to them!"
david: "ok. im sorry, mom"

GRRRRRR..........

No comments:

Post a Comment