Wednesday, September 5, 2012

school

Here's my boy looking all spiffy.

About to go into school.  He was so excited!

Walking with Daddy and Noah. 

Pointing to his name on the bulletin board.  Yup!  There you are!

Sitting at his table in the gym, waiting to be dismissed to class.



At his table.
   David did great on his first day.  He was very excited with just a pinch of nervousness.  He didn't shed a single tear, but I didn't expect that he would.  He got a necessary crash course in the workings of his belt from Dad that morning.  I did up his little belt, then Dave and I looked at each other and realized "this kid is going to be trapped when he has to go to the bathroom!"  So, Dave worked with him for a few minutes on it.  

    His teacher is very nice and seems like she will be lots of fun.  He said he had fun, and he liked it.  Yes, he made friends, but he can't remember all of their names.  No, no one was mean.  Good!  Granted, it was the first day, so not everyone has shown their true personality yet.  That was sort of pessimistic...  Let's just keep praying that everyone will be kind to each other.    

   Yes, i cried.  My little boy is going to be away from me ALL day for FIVE days a week.  
Me: I wish I could just text him and make sure he's ok.
Dave:  I'm glad you can't.



Eating breakfast.


Running to the car with David.



SO excited to be going to preschool!  Loves that lunchbox--
It stays on his dresser during nap time.

Walking to the door.

Correction:  running to the door.  He was very annoyed when 
he was unable to open the door himself.

Plopped right door and started playing.  I had to initiate the "goodbyes."

   He loved it.  His teacher said he was so good and SO cute.  :)  That was good to hear.  He did not have any problems.  He got to be one of the line leaders.  He was very excited about that.  (Big surprise--he always wants to be the "ducker" in Duck, Duck, Goose too.)  Yes, he wants to go back tomorrow.  

I did not cry this time.  It is only 2 mornings a week; and I already know, like, and trust the workers there.  But, rest assured, I will absolutely cry when he starts kindergarten.

___________

And what did I do with my morning?   
  • did some laundry
  • bought some bread 
  • worked out
  • showered for a 2nd time.
It was a fairly productive morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment